Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Most Beautiful Dream

 

The Most Wonderful Dream

Reagan woke up today in a half-sleep daze, and curled up in a little tangled bed-headed heap on my lap.  We rocked back and forth for a bit, and then she said the following:

Reagan: "Mom, they dance there.  It's so fun."
Mom: "Where do they dance?"
Reagan: "In Heaven!"
Mom: "They dance in Heaven?"
Reagan: "YES!"
Mom: "That does sound fun."
Reagan: "And he's making me a horsey room."
Mom: "What do you mean, horsey room?"
Reagan: "I love horses!  So he's decorating a room just for me!"
Mom: "Who's decorating a room for you?"
Reagan: "Jesus!  Up in Heaven!"
Mom: "Oh.  OK."
Reagan: "How many days are we here?"
Mom: "Where?  Here at our house?"
Reagan: "Yeah."
Mom: "Well, today we're going to Grandma's house for you to play, in a few hours."
Reagan: "NO!"
Mom: "You don't want to go to Grandma's house?"
Reagan: "Yes!  I mean, how long are we HERE, before we go to Heaven?"
Mom: "OH.  I don't know, Reagan.  Whenever God calls us home."
Reagan: "But will I hear Him?  I can't hear Him!"
Mom: "When it's time, you'll hear Him.  He'll say 'REAGAN!  It's TIME!  Come live with ME now!"
Reagan: "I want to go see my horsey room."
Mom: "When it's time, sweetie."
Reagan: "I miss grandma Fran up in Heaven."  (note: Grandma Fran died when Reagan was a year old.  There's no way she can remember her.)
Mom: "I miss her, too.  Do you remember her?"
Reagan: "Yeah.  We miss everyone up in Heaven.  But some day we'll see them again!"
Mom: "YES."
Reagan: "I dreamed I was dancing and playing with unicorns.  And picking beautiful flowers."
Mom: "That sounds like an amazing dream you had."
Reagan: "Well, one part was scary.  There was a dragon, and he was trying to eat me.  But the other part I liked.  With the unicorns and the flowers and the dancing."

No comments: