Wednesday, March 31, 2021

How God Works

 So a year ago, for my husband's 50th birthday, we all went to the Big Island of Hawaii.  We stayed in Kona and had an absolute blast.  Well, one Sunday, as we were walking by the Catholic church, we noticed a bunch of students on the sidewalk praying for the 40 days for Life campaign.  We were so impressed with these students, and their calm but determined demeanor as they prayed in public on the street.  My attention was drawn to them, and I heard one of the students say that they were with YWAM.  I didn't know what that was.  Later in the trip, we passed by a college campus, called "University of the Nations", and I was curious about what THAT was as well, and told my husband that I had a feeling the students we saw on the street praying were from this university.  Turns out I was right, as a quick Google search showed.  It's a Christian University that trains missionaries.  We also drove by a "Kalani" street, and I took a picture of the road sign, and sent it to my friend Beth, whose son's name is Kalani.  Kalani is of Hawaiian heritage.  Long story short - I texted Beth repeatedly from Hawaii about this "University of the Nations", and YWAM, and how I felt like this would be such a great place for Kalani to come for college.  Just seemed like such a natural fit.  

A year later (tonight), Beth texted me to ask the name of the student group I texted about for her son all those months ago.  When I told her YWAM from Kona, she sent me a "mind blown" emoji.  Apparently, she never mentioned to Kalani about my texts last year.  This past weekend, though, he met up with some Youth With a Mission students from Kona who came HERE to the Keweenaw.  They met and talked, and Kalani tonight came to his mother and said that he feels God calling him very specifically to go to school in Kona!  Hello.  The very same place I felt he needed to be a year ago - even though I really don't know Kalani at all.  

Sometimes, God isn't so subtle.  Sometimes He uses peripheral people to confirm a message He's speaking into someone's heart.  Sometimes, something random isn't random at all.  

Crazy.  

No comments: