Wednesday, January 2, 2019

New Year's Resolution


I have decided upon two New Year's Resolutions. The first is to start a meal plan, so that this family is eating
 healthy meals each and every day.  The second I decided just this morning.   I am going to attack this stupid
cancer, and no longer "watch and wait".  After consulting some thyroid cancer boards and getting input from
 some very knowledgeable people that have "been there", I am going to request another whole body scan or
a PET scan.  If something lights up, then I am going to request another round of radiation.  If the scans light up,
 it means that the cancer is susceptible to the radiation, which means it's worth doing another round or radiation.
I know my doctor doesn't like to do that because he thinks it's not effective.  But I talked to two people that have
 had it done and it worked for them.  So it may not work in every case, but it's worth a shot.  If my doctor refuses
 my request for more tests, I will seek another opinion.  The people I talked to are going to major centers in New
 York that treat 9000 cases of thyroid cancer a year - and they routinely use a second round of RAI if warranted.
  Given that the cancer obviously keeps growing, I refuse to let it get any bigger.   If it was staying stable, that
would be different.  I would be more comfortable "watching and waiting".  But it's not.  It's actively growing -
albeit slowly.   And I'm not waiting around anymore. 

Decision made.

Going on the attack.

Gonna be CANCER FREE in 2019.

End of rant.

No comments: